Special Counsel Office report web site

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Thu Apr 18 14:33:15 UTC 2019

B&N just announced that they are offering free downloads via their Nook reader.  I noticed I couldn’t reach B&N via IPv6, and discovered the cause :

nslookup
> set type=AAAA
> barnesandnoble.com
Server:         4.2.2.1
Non-authoritative answer:
*** Can't find barnesandnoble.com: No answer

> set type=A
> barnesandnoble.com.
Server:         4.2.2.1
Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   barnesandnoble.com
Address: 161.221.74.213

I don’t know if this is a temporary DNS failure, or B&N really still has no IPv6 hosted web services :)

 -mel