Sflow billing or usage calculation software

Ryan Hamel Ryan.Hamel at quadranet.com
Sat Apr 13 21:32:07 UTC 2019

Tony,

Take a look at pmacct, it will be able to handle your needs with a number of modifications. The section I linked below should give you a good starting point. Change the traffic dump to a MySQL database, add some indexes, craft some SQL queries, then you're off to the races. As for billing notifications, a cron script would need to calculate the usages, and alert based on your set thresholds.

http://wiki.pmacct.net/OfficialExamples - XVII. Using pmacct as traffic/event logger

For added bonus points, combine it with a BGP feed, and know where your traffic is going outbound, that way intelligent routing changes can be made much quicker.

--
Ryan Hamel
Network Administrator