Disney+ CDN

Valdis Kl=?utf-8?Q?=c4=93?=tnieks valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Apr 12 23:43:56 UTC 2019

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 13:23:29 -0700, "Scott Weeks" said:

> 2004 - "Patent awarded for GeoLocation"
>
> I'd be interested in learning about how well that one works!

Under US law, ideas submitted for patent need be "non-obvious". There's no
requirement they actually be a good idea. Though I guess that it should prevent
the patenting of obvious bad ideas - but $DEITY knows there's plenty of subtly
flawed concepts out there....  (And there's ample evidence that the USPTO is on
occasion challenged by the "obviousness" requirement...)