Purchasing IPv4 space - due diligence homework

Nikolas Geyer nik at neko.id.au
Wed Apr 3 17:20:34 UTC 2019

A big +1 to checking Spamhaus, specifically their DROP and EDROP lists. These two lists are what causes us most pain when acquiring IPv4 space as a lot of providers put auto blocking in place based on these two which can be difficult to get removed.

I won’t even contemplate prefixes on either of these lists unless the seller knocks $5/IP off the purchase price because of the associated time and pain trying to clean it up.

Sent from my iPhone