Purchasing IPv4 space - due diligence homework

John Alcock john at alcock.org
Wed Apr 3 15:34:25 UTC 2019

Well,

I did all three above and still had issues.  I am still having issues.  I
had to contact many people to get off of various blacklists, etc.  These
are lists that are not publish and you will not know until you start using
the space.

Luckily, I have had great help from the list here in getting support and in
some cases back-channel support.

The hard part is getting a hold of the right people.

For example:

Softlayer/IBM was initially blocking my ip space.  But, it was not really
them.  It was NTT on behalf of Softlayer.  The request has to come from
Softlayer.  That has been resolved.  I honestly do not even know who to
thank.

I am currently fighting the same issue with playstation.com.  Akami is
blocking access on behalf of Sony.  The request has to come from Sony.
After many emails with abuse at playstation, I am making headway.  Problem is
not solved yet, but I believe they are making headway. Luckly Akami open a
ticket and told me what to tell the Sony NOC.

Right now, I am fighting some odd ball blocks.  Several mobile banking
sites.  There is not even a support number.  I am having to try and use the
NOC/Abuse contacts via ARIN first and not having any luck.  Try calling a
bank and telling them that your are a network engineer and can not access
their sites.  That goes downhill pretty quick. If you can get past the
first line of tech support it is a challenge.  "Have you cleared your
cookies?  You need to call your ISP", then you get a 2nd line person who
basically blows you off.

Here is the thing.  You will have problems.  Just be prepared to make lots
of phone calls and send lots of emails.  Once you get to the right person,
things can get a moving.

John