modeling residential subscriber bandwidth demand

Tom Ammon thomasammon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 02:01:01 UTC 2019

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 2:20 PM Josh Luthman <josh at imaginenetworksllc.com>
wrote:

> We have GB/mo figures for our customers for every month for the last ~10
> years.  Is there some simple figure you're looking for?  I can tell you off
> hand that I remember we had accounts doing ~15 GB/mo and now we've got 1500
> GB/mo at similar rates per month.

I'm mostly just wondering what others do for this kind of planning - trying
to look outside of my own experience, so I don't miss something obvious.
That growth in total transfer that you mention is interesting.

I always wonder what the value of trying to predict utilization is anyway,
especially since bandwidth is so cheap. But I figure it can't hurt to ask a
group of people where I am highly likely to find somebody smarter than I am
:-)

Tom Ammon
M: (801) 784-2628
thomasammon at gmail.com