modeling residential subscriber bandwidth demand

Louie Lee louiel at google.com
Tue Apr 2 19:21:27 UTC 2019

Certainly.

Projecting demand is one thing. Figuring out what to buy for your backbone,
edge (uplink & peer), and colo (for CDN caches too!), for which
scale+growth is quite another.

And yeah, Jim, overall, things have stayed the same. There are just the
nuances added with caches, gaming, OTT streaming, some IoT (like always-on
home security cams) plus better tools now for network management and
network analysis.

Louie
Google Fiber.