ARIN RPKI TAL deployment issues

Michel Py michel.py at tsisemi.com
Tue Sep 25 23:55:42 UTC 2018

John,

> John Curran wrote :
> 2) They could not agree to ARIN RPA agreement (for which the most cited reason is the indemnification clause, but perplexing given agreement to other indemnification clauses such as RIPE’s Certification services.)

I would entertain that "could not agree to ARIN RPA" is why they don't use the TAL. I may not be representative, but  I knew I had to download it.
And maybe you missed a third possibility :
3) Nobody really cares about the ARIN TAL because almost nobody has validated a prefix within the ARIN region therefore installing the ARIN TAL is almost useless :-(

We don't only have a problem withTAL deployment, we also have an adoption issue.
And possibly an egg-and-chicken issue : nobody deploys the TAL because nobody validates their prefixes, and vice versa.

Michel.

TSI Disclaimer:  This message and any files or text attached to it are intended only for the recipients named above and contain information that may be confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not forward, copy, use or otherwise disclose this communication or the information contained herein. In the event you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, and then delete all copies of it from your system. Thank you!...