ARIN RPKI TAL deployment issues

Job Snijders job at ntt.net
Tue Sep 25 21:04:26 UTC 2018

Dear John,

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 08:28:54PM +0000, John Curran wrote:
> On 25 Sep 2018, at 3:34 PM, Job Snijders <job at ntt.net> wrote:

> >> Is it possible to ascertain how many of those who have not downloaded
> >> the ARIN TAL are also publishing ROA’s via RIPE’s CA?
> >
> > I'm sure we could extend the data set to figure this out.
>
> It would be informative to know how many organizations potentially
> have concerns about the indemnification clause in the RPA but already
> agree to indemnification via RIPE NCC Certification Service Terms and
> Conditions.

This seems a matter of personal curiosity that perhaps distracts from
the problem at hand: the ARIN TAL is less widely deployed than the other
TALs.

I'm open to solutions or suggestions to get the ARIN TAL more widely
distributed, however I do think that inclusion in the RPKI Cache
Validators is a *key* element, so the ARIN TAL can be used after a
default installation of such software.

We really need to bring it back down to "apt install rpki-cache-validator"
to best serve the interests of the ARIN members. Imagine the Chrome
browser shipping without any of the TLS Root Certificates, or Unbound
without the DNSSEC root key!

Kind regards,

Job