Reaching out to ARIN members about their RPKI INVALID prefixes

Joe Provo nanog-post at rsuc.gweep.net
Wed Sep 19 12:03:26 UTC 2018

There's a lot to sift through in this thread (most of all
assertions lacking evidence), but this needs to be called
out:

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 06:21:56PM -0700, Owen DeLong wrote:
[snip]
> Point being that there are very very few ASNs using peer lock. Peer lock

Despite the cutesy neologism, filtering against the
acceptance of big/important/private peers's ASNs from
unplanned vectors is very common and was a standard part
of the belt and suspenders toolkit long, long ago.*  When
I drove 6079, I distinctly recall it coming up in
conversations with representatives from 2828 (it might
have been the concentric days) and others in the hallways
at NANOG.

Cheers,

Joe

* Barring those who never cared about forwarding quality or
  path integrity and would say "LOL someone gives me free
  transit to you".

--
Posted from my personal account - see X-Disclaimer header.
Joe Provo / Gweep / Earthling