Massive Price Increase for X-conns at Telehouse Chelsea, NYC

Radu-Adrian Feurdean nanog at radu-adrian.feurdean.net
Tue Sep 18 08:33:38 UTC 2018

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018, at 17:30, Daniel Corbe wrote:
> $300 MRC for a once-off cross connect isn’t unreasonable.   There’s costs

300$ would be (at the limit of) reasonable *M*RC for a 12 FO cable (= 6 duplex XCOs). Or the one-off (*N*RC) for one XCO. That's actually close to the rates we have on this part of the ocean.

300$ for one XCO (2 FO) is "robbery in organised band" (word-by-word translation of a french legal term). You can get metro waves (some 10-20 km distance) for lower than that (again, on my part of the ocean).

--
R-A.F.