[proj-bgp] adding graphs for actually unreachable RPKI INVALID prefixes to RPKI Monitor?

Montgomery, Douglas (Fed) dougm at nist.gov
Mon Sep 17 16:46:06 UTC 2018

Job,

Thanks for the input, we have a new version of our RPKI monitor that we are in the process of moving from development systems to publicly accessible servers.

The new monitor has significant additions in the areas of diagnostics, and highlights issues of interest such as path / customer cone analysis of prefixes that cover invalid originations.

We break down basic coverage stats – i.e., what is still routable assuming drop invalid policy.
[cid:image001.png at 01D44E84.65DD2B70]

And for the covering valid or not found prefixes we provide path analyses of various sorts.

[cid:image002.png at 01D44E84.65DD2B70]

Other new diagnostics will map changes in origin validation state to specific changes in RPKI data – i.e., answering the question what changed? And why?

I will send a link when we get things moved to a public facing server.

dougm
--
Doug Montgomery, Manager Internet  & Scalable Systems Research @ NIST