Massive Price Increase for X-conns at Telehouse Chelsea, NYC

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Sep 17 15:57:18 UTC 2018

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 11:30 AM, Daniel Corbe <dcorbe at hammerfiber.com> wrote:
> $300 MRC for a once-off cross connect isn’t unreasonable.   There’s costs
> and labor involved in running that cable through a riser.  Especially if you
> want it in innerduct.

Hi Daniel,

A $300 Non-Recurring Cost, sure. The MONTHLY Recurring Cost of
maintaining that cable is not zero, especially if it's in a campus not
just one building, but it's pretty close to zero. Charging the
customer a $300 MRC may not be unusual but it is unreasonable.

I get that floorspace and power is priced pretty close to
cost-recovery so that cross connects are one of the only profit
centers for a carrier neutral facility. It's still obnoxious.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
Dirtside Systems ......... Web: <http://www.dirtside.com/>