Puerto Rico Internet Exchange

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Fri Sep 14 13:56:24 UTC 2018

Mike,

But why would you want, as a content provider, to have your content hosted on the island? Backhauling it over fiber is no big deal across the short distances involved. As far as I can tell, PR has a glut of ocean floor fiber capacity, just installed a couple years ago. We're not talking stock market trades here, where milliseconds matter. We're talking Netflix movie reruns, which could be easily delivered with seconds of latency.

Those who hold to the "if you build it they will come" business model forget that that model was a fantasy in a movie.

A movie currently being streamed to PR without difficulty :-)

-mel via cell