OpenDNS CGNAT Issues

Ca By cb.list6 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 13:39:37 UTC 2018

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 6:31 AM Matt Hoppes <
mattlists at rivervalleyinternet.net> wrote:

> So don't CGNat?  Buy IPv4 addresses at auction?

As long as you don’t deploy ipv6, you should be good.

Seriously. Not sure why this is so hard. IPv4 does not scale.  Your
customers, like my customers, probably mostly go to Youtube, google, fb,
netflix, .... all which have ipv6. Giving your existing customers ipv6
moves this traffic off your cgn. And gives them a path to dns services.

But you do you. if you ask NANOG, how to solve this problem, and missed the
3 NANOG meeting presos at every meeting about how ipv6 is good .... not
sure what you expect here. Definately not a shoulder to cry on, but i wm
sure some v4 brokers and cgn box pushers see your customers blood in the
water.

CB