OpenDNS CGNAT Issues

Ca By cb.list6 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 13:28:42 UTC 2018

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 6:04 AM Matt Hoppes <
mattlists at rivervalleyinternet.net> wrote:

> That isn’t a solution. He still will need to dual stack and CGNat that.

But the flows that can support ipv6, will go ipv6 and not be subject to
these abuse triggers.

Look, this list has monthly reports from some small network operator
hurting their customers with CGN NAT. Meanwhile, the big guys like Comcast
/ Charter / ATT / Cox have moved onto ipv6.

Where does that leave the little guy with CGN?

Right here. Screaming into the avoid begging for help. Some special
exception.

And, me, saying you had 10+ years of not deploying ipv6.  Here’s to the
next 10 years of you email this list about your own failure to keep up with
the times.

We will have this discussion again and again.  Not sure your customers will
stick around, all they know is your CGN space got black listed from yet
another service

#realtalk