CLS to CLS Latency info

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Oct 30 09:28:36 UTC 2018

Agreed. Actual ping would not work, if we're talking about unixy
system sending ping. Active devices increase latency in single digit
microsecond, the host latency is much much higher, so the ping results
would largely measure your host latency variation. You'd need NIC with
hardware timestamping to get anything useful. I don't think we have
unixy 'ping' tool which uses that? Even though typical server NIC
today does do that, unfortunately SR-IOV does not expose it to guests,
so guests would need direct NIC access to utilise it.

--
  ++ytti