Cogent charging 50/mo for BGP (not IPs, the service)

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Wed Oct 17 15:59:43 UTC 2018

On 10/17/2018 9:47 AM, Josh Luthman wrote:
> Has anyone else dealt with this mess?  Even my Cogent rep admits it's
> unique to their business.

That sounds like the BS the first company I worked for tried to pull.

One would think they'd welcome customers bringing their own IP space
since it saves them money by not using up precious Cogent IPv4 address
space.

Hell, I even have BGP for v4 and v6 over my CenturyLink biz fiber, and
its available as part of the enhanced package they offer with no extra fees.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org