It's been 20 years today (Oct 16, UTC). Hard to believe.

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Wed Oct 17 03:49:08 UTC 2018

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018, Michael Thomas wrote:

> I believe that the IETF party line these days is that Postel was wrong on
> this point. Security is one consideration, but there are others.

Postel's Law is about robustness of network communications.  As such it
can *increase* network security by improving availability [CIA triad]
although it could potentially reduce confidentiality and integrity in some
circumstances.  Whether or not Postel's Law improves or degrades security
would need to be assessed on a case by case basis.

Cheers,

Rob