It's been 20 years today (Oct 16, UTC). Hard to believe.

Wayne Bouchard web at typo.org
Tue Oct 16 03:32:58 UTC 2018

It is a fact that I learned much of what I initially knew about
internetworking by reading the protocols outlined in many of the
offical RFC documents. You couldn't pick one of these up without
seeing the name Postel at the top. I never met him but give due
deference and respect to his work and what it ultimately produced.

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 10:00:33PM -0400, Rodney Joffe wrote:
> At NANOG two weeks ago, we had an interesting discussion at one of the lunch tables. One of the subjects we discussed was the original IANA, and RFC Editor, Jon Postel.
>
> Seven of the ten people at the table had never heard of him. Maybe these days it no longer matters who he was, and what he meant to where we are today.
>
> <Sigh>
>
> For those who care about the history of the Internet, and routing and addressing. And protocols???
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2468
>
> Oct 16, 1998.

---
Wayne Bouchard