Spectrum residential IPv6 rDNS - thank you !

endre.szabo at nanog-list-kitfvhs.redir.email endre.szabo at nanog-list-kitfvhs.redir.email
Wed Oct 10 14:50:43 UTC 2018

Hi there,

On 10/10/18 3:43 AM, Chris wrote:

> Originally I was using the pipe backend with a modified copy of
> "PowerDNS-Dynamic-Reverse-Backend"
> (https://github.com/endreszabo/PowerDNS-Dynamic-Reverse-Backend) but
> ended up writing my own in Perl as the backend was a bit fragile and
> didn't do everything I wanted.

I love you Chris <3

I would really like to know what made you think that it is a bit
fragile? Crashes, slow responses? PowerDNS can make a great use of the
so called 'packet caching' to cache pipe backend results. I admit that
this code was not really in production on a public network just on some
private ones.

And enhancement ideas? What else did you want the script to do?

Thanks for referencing.

--

Endre