Oct. 3, 2018 EAS Presidential Alert test

Aaron C. de Bruyn aaron at heyaaron.com
Tue Oct 9 03:04:46 UTC 2018

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 10:54 AM Sean Donelan <sean at donelan.com> wrote:
> There is no business case for Amazon, Apple or Google to include emergency
> alerts as part of their smart speakers.

I have a $50 weather alert radio.
Does it have have batteries?  Are they charged?  Are they almost dead?
 When did I last hear an alert from it?
Does your smoke alarm have batteries?  Are they dead?  When did you
last test it?

Google solved these problems with ~$120 smoke alarm and a decent cell phone app.
If they released a new version with weather alerts, I wouldn't think
twice about dropping $200 on it.

So how is there no business case?  No disrespect intended, but you
failed to back up that statement.

Perhaps I'm the only one who would spend more than $50 on a weather
alert device?

-A