bloomberg on supermicro: sky is falling

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Oct 4 21:24:43 UTC 2018

On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 14:10:07 -0700, "Scott Weeks" said:

> Classified networks do not connect to other networks unless
> they are equally or higher classified.  No internet connection.
> Period.

Well, if your classified network is connecting to a higher classified net, then
*that* network is connecting to a lower classified net, right?

That, plus I think the Snowden escapade was ample proof that security rules
will get bent when needed to get work done - it turned out that Snowden was
able to walk off with terabytes of data because security restrictions had been
disabled because they were putting a crimp in the analysts' style...