Oct. 3, 2018 EAS Presidential Alert test

Andy Ringsmuth andy at andyring.com
Wed Oct 3 19:39:59 UTC 2018

> On Oct 3, 2018, at 2:26 PM, Kevin Miller <kmiller at vantage.com> wrote:
>
> I cannot speak for AT&T, but my T-Mobile iPhones did not receive them either.  I was told by support that if you enabled WiFi-calling, you may not receive the alert.  If this is true, it seems to be a safety issue as WiFi calling was enabled by default.

Interesting. That seems to be a gigantic hole in this entire process. I do have my iPhone set to WiFi Calling as AT&T’s signal has trouble reaching inside our building very well.

FEMA also notes:

A dedicated mailbox has been created for all questions relating to the IPAWS National Test. Please e-mail us at FEMA-National-Test at fema.dhs.gov.

I e-mailed them with my results as well. Might be worth considering sending a report to that address yourself if you didn’t receive it. If our friend Kim lobs a rocket this way for some reason, I’d kinda like to know about it before the sky turns orange.  :-)

----
Andy Ringsmuth
5609 Harding Drive
Lincoln, NE 68521-5831