IGP protocol

Brandon Martin lists.nanog at monmotha.net
Tue Nov 13 05:52:55 UTC 2018

On 11/12/18 3:21 PM, Naslund, Steve wrote:
> 1.  Most large networks (service providers) supporting MPLS will be using ISIS as their IGP.  Some will have islands of OSPF because not everything speaks ISIS.

Notably, support for OSPF is somewhat common on "layer 3 switch"
products while IS-IS support is significantly less common.

Most "router" products seem to support either.

I was of the impression that there was a draft or similar for
single-topology (IPv4+IPv6) OSPF.  Did anything ever come of that?
--
Brandon Martin