VPS/Gaming companies with backbone

Alfie Pates alfie at fdx.services
Tue Nov 27 09:08:50 UTC 2018

I would be hesitant to include this kind of information if you don't
have a plan for keeping it recent and accurate - there's a real risk
your data will become stale quickly, at which point it stops being
useful to people.
Perhaps ask providers if you can subscribe to those, and automatically
parse their emails? Easier said than done, but it does provide much more
useful information than "hearsay"/pinging some server you do not control
that may or may not be on the other end of a specific link.
-A

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018, at 4:07 AM, Mehmet Akcin wrote:
> hi there,
>
> I do not know which gaming companies have backbone and which do not. I
> am trying to find a way to automate the https://dev.networkatlas.org
> backbone link up/down information using some gaming servers (i guess i
> am playing too much games nowadays as I came up with this idea)>
> currently the model https://dev.networkatlas.org[1] is following is
> basically crowd-sourced data input similar to wikipedia model where if
> a link is down, a user goes and reports that and once verified by a
> trusted member (editor/admin/ambassador whatever you wanna call the
> trusted source) the link changes. We are trying to think out of the
> box on how we can possible automate this.>
> if you have any ideas beside telecom giants to share this information
> via email , let me know. If you are network admin/engineer/architect
> in a gaming company please ping me offline and see how this could be
> automated with a script running on multiple gaming servers.>
> (can think out of the box , but not out of xbox apparently)
>
> thank you :)
>
> Mehmet

Links:

  1. https://dev.networkatlas.org/