netflix OCA in a CG-NAT world

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Mon Nov 26 19:46:02 UTC 2018

On 11/25/2018 09:47 PM, Dave Temkin wrote:
> Putting an OCA with bypass through the CGN with RFC1918 space will
> actually work just fine. We (Netflix) don't formally support it because
> of the vast number of non-standard CGN implementations out there, but if
> your clients are in RFC1918 space and the next hop router from the OCA
> knows how to reach them, it will just work.

Does this include RFC 6598 Shared Address Space, 100.64.0.0/10?  Or is
it limited to RFC 1918 Address Space?

Does it really matter what the private IPs are?  (I've seen people
re-use publicly allocated but not publicly used IP address space.)  Or
does it "just work" as long as the OCA's first hop knows how to reach
the private IPs?

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die