Cheap switch with a couple 100G

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Sun Nov 25 21:56:01 UTC 2018

On 25/11/2018 21:43, Ben Cannon wrote:
> At this point, with 400g coherent in production never mind long-haul
> testing; why bother lighting with anything slower than 100g coherent,
> especially at essentially the same price.  It just makes no sense.
> It got skipped.  We’re better for it IMO.

To be fair, I did say that to begin with. ;)

Outside of the US, in our quaint little European countries, passive
muxing with direct detect does often make more sense financially Those
coherent hardware providers have some eye-watering price lists, and only
begin to make sense on spans >100km. Or if you actually need 400G
transport to make use of N*100G services.

--
Tom