Cheap switch with a couple 100G

Brandon Martin lists.nanog at monmotha.net
Sun Nov 25 20:20:15 UTC 2018

On 11/25/18 3:06 PM, Colton Conor wrote:
> Arista 7050sx

I've seen these and their friends on the fleabay for about $1000 in
working condition.  It does happen, though I'd not say you can just drop
in and BIN one any time any day.

I picked up a Ruckus/Arris ICX7650 with 40G module (so 2x 100G, 4x40G,
24x10G, 24x1G) for $700 a few months back on the fleabay, but that was a
somewhat unusual deal, and that platform is not without its limitations
(especially L3), but it's a perfectly capable box.

Of course, you're buying on fleabay, but if that's compatible with your
network operations, then why not.  It usually works fine.  Worst comes
to worst, buy two or three for less than a new one costs, and you have
on-hand spares.

--
Brandon Martin