RPKI publication

Jeff McAdams jeffm at iglou.com
Sat Nov 24 01:51:01 UTC 2018

On Fri, November 23, 2018 18:20, Christopher Morrow wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 6:12 PM Jeff McAdams <jeffm at iglou.com> wrote:
>> On November 23, 2018 4:48:14 PM EST, Christopher Morrow <
>> morrowc.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I think there are 3 options:
>>> ripe validator v2 (potentially v3?) -
>>> https://github.com/RIPE-NCC/rpki-validator
>>>

>>> https://github.com/RIPE-NCC/rpki-validator-3
>>> rpki.net validator - https://github.com/dragonresearch/rpki.net bbn
>>> rpstir - https://github.com/bgpsecurity/rpstir
>>
>> Like I said, validation and caching, "relying party", has several
>> options...several of which are relatively easy to run and manage.  It's
>> the CA and publishing for which no really good options (that I've found,
>> at least) are available currently.
>>

> the ca bits do exist in rpki.net's software set... they are a tad fiddly
> to setup/run though, yes.

Oops, sorry, I missed the rpki.net reference in there (I read and replied
to that message from my phone).

Yes, I spent several hours trying to even get the Ubuntu 18.04 packages to
even install without errors.  I'm not particularly keen on installing a 2
1/2 year old distro to run no-longer-supported version of the django
framework to support this, so I'm pretty much putting into the "not
reasonably current and maintained" category.

--
Jeff