WIndows Updates Fail Via IPv6

Morgan A. Miskell morgan.miskell at caro.net
Mon Nov 12 16:30:56 UTC 2018

Not to beat a dead horse, but could the problem be so simple?  I have
tons of dual-stacked machines that have updated forever without issue,
so I assume they update via IPV4.

That being said, I've not packet sniffed any of the update stuff in a
while but if the DNS is any indication then dual-stacked machines can
update via IPV4 while IPV6 ONLY machines will likely fail since the DNS
shows IPV4 only....

host windowsupdate.microsoft.com
windowsupdate.microsoft.com is an alias for
windowsupdate.redir.update.microsoft.com.nsatc.net.
windowsupdate.redir.update.microsoft.com.nsatc.net is an alias for
redir.update.microsoft.com.nsatc.net.
redir.update.microsoft.com.nsatc.net has address 157.56.77.153

--
Morgan A. Miskell
CaroNet Data Centers