Cogent charging 50/mo for BGP (not IPs, the service)

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sun Nov 11 09:36:18 UTC 2018

On 19/Oct/18 16:57, Marshall, Quincy wrote:

> * *
>
> Not unheard of… requested several new quotes in the last few months
> and at least 2 included $50/mo charge for BGP.

My memory could be dodgy, but I think I recall seeing something similar
on an order form they sent us for an upgrade (or turn-up) a few years
ago. We pick them up in Amsterdam.

That said, the fee not being explicitly on the order form does not mean
it's not being charged. If I were Cogent and really needed the money, I
wouldn't mention it on the order form, but just wrap it into the turn-up
NRC or service MRC.

That Cogent are explicitly highlighting it in an order form is to send
another message, or create an industry standard.

Mark.