Zayo vs Coent

Aaron1 aaron1 at gvtc.com
Sat Nov 10 03:45:59 UTC 2018

My cogent is pretty good... I had 10 gig for a few years, then dual 10’s Lag’d together for about year or so, and now 100 gig for about 2 months.  So it’s been about five or six years that I’ve been with cogent

They usually are knowledgeable when I talk to them and they are able to do what I ask of them.  They usually don’t have to hand me off to somebody else.

Cogent has good DDOS RTBH also.  I trigger a /32 and it’s immediately black holed in the cloud.

Cogent does however have an issue with ipv6 peering with google.  I currently have my v6 ebgp session shut down with them because of this.  Moving forward and doing more V6 in the future, I will have to figure out how to deal with us.

I’ve also had Spectrum, ATT, Telia, all good as well.  I’ve have no experience with Zayo, so I can’t speak to that

Aaron