CVV

Simon Leinen simon.leinen at switch.ch
Fri Nov 9 07:22:13 UTC 2018

Todd Underwood writes:
> [interesting and plausible reasoning about why no chip&PIN in US]
> anyway, let's talk about networks, no?

This topic is obviously "a little" off-topic, but I find some
contributions (like yours) relevant for understanding adoption dynamics
(or not) of proposed security mechanisms on the Internet (RPKI, route
filtering in general, DNSSEC etc.).

In general the regulatory environment in the Internet is quite different
from that of the financial sector.  But I guess credit-card security
trade-offs are still made mostly by private actors.
(Maybe they sometimes discuss BGP security on their mailing lists :-)
--
Simon.