SIP fax sending software?

John Osmon josmon at rigozsaurus.com
Thu May 31 04:50:03 UTC 2018

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 11:14:12PM -0400, John Levine wrote:
[...FAX over IP...]
> I don't really care if it's flaky.  For one fax a month a few retries
> are not a big deal.  But hellofax's free 5 pages a month will probably
> do the job.

For folks that have made it this far, you might be interested in this
article that I've kept a link to for over a decade:
   https://www.soft-switch.org/foip.html

You *can* get a fax across a G.711 connection if your throughput,
latency, and jitter align and create what looks like a DS0 to the
two modems.  And if does it for a long enough time to get the entire
fax through.

Tune the fax machines so they only run 9600 bps or less, and you might
just make it.

Good luck.  You're going to need it.