Impacts of Encryption Everywhere (any solution?)

Ben Cannon ben at 6by7.net
Wed May 30 20:43:29 UTC 2018

There are some interesting developments with sector (down to 30* or narrower) and multi-band, multi-radio, 4x4MIMO wifi gear lately.   Ubiquiti is making amazing strides in this space.  Watch 40k wifi connections in a stadium become the norm soon.

I disagree entirely, and counter that the residential traffic of a major city like San Francisco isn’t over a sustained 100GigE link or three.  There is ample backhaul and tremendous fiber bandwidth.  It’s just all in very slightly (sometimes by a block or less) the wrong places.

For one, fiber is fixed and the audience is portable.

But carrier backhaul solutions with last mile wireless delivery is going to continue to impress.

Watch this space.

(he says somewhat hypocritically over his gig symmetric GPON FTTH)