Impacts of Encryption Everywhere (any solution?)

Eric Kuhnke eric.kuhnke at gmail.com
Tue May 29 18:01:13 UTC 2018

The one thing that you CAN generalize about a great many developing nation
telecom markets, which is different than the US and Western Europe:

Many urban locations have a complete absence of functioning last mile,
legacy copper telecom infrastructure, which in a US city you would see used
for ADSL2+ or VDSL2 or g.fast on old POTS phone lines, or
DOCSIS3.0/DOCSIS3.1 on 75 ohm coaxial cable TV plant. Leaving "4G" and
various forms of fixed point to multipoint wireless, whether LTE based or
not, as the only viable residential and SMB broadband service option.