Impacts of Encryption Everywhere (any solution?)

Andy Ringsmuth andy at newslink.com
Tue May 29 15:09:04 UTC 2018

> On May 29, 2018, at 9:44 AM, Leo Bicknell <bicknell at ufp.org> wrote:
>
> Basically, while you presented the "pro" side of unencrypted content
> (being able to cache), you didn't present any of the negative side.
> I have to wonder if the villagers were given a choice of faster
> internet, where 5% of them had their bank account cleaned out, and 5%
> had their identity stolen, or slower, secure internet which they would
> choose?

If you’re in $TinyVillage in $PoorAfricanCountry, do you even have a bank account or an online identity that could be stolen?

Just my $0.02 on this increasingly off-topic thread.

----
Andy Ringsmuth
andy at newslink.com
News Link – Manager Technology, Travel & Facilities
2201 Winthrop Rd., Lincoln, NE 68502-4158
(402) 475-6397    (402) 304-0083 cellular