Impacts of Encryption Everywhere (any solution?)

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue May 29 09:10:07 UTC 2018

On 29/May/18 10:40, Nick Hilliard wrote:

> it's a term which refers to post-WWII militarily non-aligned
> countries, for example Kenya, Switzerland, Sweden or the DRC.
> Obviously there is a clear correlation between mobile data coverage
> quality and political neutrality stances - I don't understand why you
> can't see this.

My refrain was tongue-in-cheek.

I know its etymology being rooted in military alignment. However, I'm
referring to it from the evolution of the term being associated with
poverty in recent years/decades. I've never quite heard anyone call
Switzerland a 3rd world country.

If someone thinks (lack of) political neutrality is a guaranteed measure
of mobile data coverage and penetration, the Chinese and Malaysians must
be doing something different; being 2nd and 3rd world countries and all
:-)...

But seriously, let's try to stay on-topic.

Mark.