Impacts of Encryption Everywhere (any solution?)

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue May 29 07:05:02 UTC 2018

I believe you were responding to me, but it was really
hard to tell.  If so, here's the conversation...

From: Ben Cannon <ben at 6by7.net>

Then Africa in particular is specifically disadvantaged
- I spent a good deal of time in Haiti and 4G connectivity
was abundant at good speeds, as were terrestrial fiber
connections.

Mirrors my experience in half a dozen other 3rd world
countries.  Unless there’s something particularly
oppressive about Africa?
--------------------------------------

I guess I was more meaning in the Pacific, since I'm
from there.  And more particularly places like Kiribati,
Cook Islands, Marquesas and other far flung Pacific
Island Countries.  My apologies for the confusion. Hati
and other countries close to a rich mainland country
do not suffer the same issues due to geography.

scott

ps.  lately the SW Pacific countries (Vanuatu, Solomons,
etc) are getting it together on circuits to main islands
in the group from help by NZ, AUS and the Asian
Development Bank.