Whois vs GDPR, latest news

Michel 'ic' Luczak lists at benappy.com
Sat May 26 18:36:15 UTC 2018

> On 26 May 2018, at 20:28, Seth Mattinen <sethm at rollernet.us> wrote:
>

> On 5/26/18 8:15 PM, Michel 'ic' Luczak wrote:
>> The two levels depend on the nature of the infringement, but it says clearly “up to 10M” (or 2% of your worldwide revenue, whichever is bigger) for the “less serious” infringements. So no, there is no minimum fine actually.
>

> To me that says the fine is 10M if your 2% is lower than 10M. Or it wasn't originally written in English and the translation is flawed.

Original text from EU Commission:
"Infringements of the following provisions shall, in accordance with paragraph 2, be subject to administrative fines up to 10 000 000 EUR, or in the case of an undertaking, up to 2 % of the total worldwide annual turnover of the preceding financial year, whichever is higher”

-> Administrative fines _up to_ 10M (or 2% if your 2% is higher than 10M).

It’s a cap, not a minimum.