Juniper BGP Convergence Time

Vincent Bernat bernat at luffy.cx
Thu May 24 11:39:51 UTC 2018

 ❦ 24 mai 2018 12:36 +0200, Olivier Benghozi <olivier.benghozi at wifirst.fr> :

> I wonder if this convergence time issue wouldn't be a typical mission for «BGP PIC Edge for MPLS Layer 3 VPNs».
> But it would be necessary to migrate the DFZ to a VPN MPLS (and
> configure composite nexthop and BGP PIC / «Provider Edge Link
> Protection»).

BGP PIC is also available with IP now:
 https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/configuration/bgp-configuring-bgp-pic-for-inet.html

I've asked the question two years ago on j-nsp. Here is the thread:
 https://lists.gt.net/nsp/juniper/57149

There is a step by step guide about in the middle of the guide. I didn't
have the right version to test at the time. I didn't try again since
then.
--
Make sure comments and code agree.