Whois vs GDPR, latest news

Stephen Satchell list at satchell.net
Wed May 23 16:19:03 UTC 2018

On 05/23/2018 09:09 AM, Anne P. Mitchell Esq. wrote:
> Also, don't forget the private right of action.  Anyone can file
> anything in the U.S. courts... you  may get it dismissed (although
> then again you may not) but either way, it's going to be time and
> money out of your pocket fighting it.  MUCH better to just get
> compliant than to end up a test case.

And that's why my domains use Register.com's proxy service.  I'm
risk-adverse, especially with the revenue (pennies) my domains earn.
Better to just bite the bullet.

That said, I have abuse contacts listed for my domains.  You just have
to ask the proxy for them.

(In 15 years, the only abuse mail I've received is mail from people who
HATED what I said on NANAE newsgroup...and I've not used USENET for 10
of those years.)