Whois vs GDPR, latest news

K. Scott Helms kscotthelms at gmail.com
Wed May 23 12:46:19 UTC 2018

Sadly this isn't true.  While I doubt the EU regulators are going to come
head hunting for companies any time soon they do have mechanisms in place
to sanction companies who don't do business in the EU and the scope is
clearly intended to reach where ever the data of EU natural persons is
being held.

https://gdpr-info.eu/art-3-gdpr/

I asked one of the EU regulators at RSA how they intended to enforce GDPR
violations on businesses that don't operate in their jurisdiction and
without hesitation he told me they'd use civil courts to sue the offending
companies.