Whois vs GDPR, latest news

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Wed May 23 03:21:51 UTC 2018

Domain whois is absolutely useful.  Try contacting a site to report
that their nameservers are hosed without it.  People forget that the
primary purpose of whois is to report faults.  You don’t need to do
it very often but when you do it is crucial.  Remember that about
50% of zones have not RFC compliant name servers (the software is
broken) and that newer resolver depend on default behaviour working
correctly.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742              INTERNET: marka at isc.org