earthlink email problems

Matt Harris matt at netfire.net
Tue May 22 19:14:55 UTC 2018

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 2:00 PM, jimmy keffer <horsezip at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> my has problems sending mail to earthlink.net the sever has a ptr abd
> reverse dns set but i get this To: jimmy at horsezipsworld.com
>
>    Remote server replied: 550 ERROR: No or mismatched reverse DNS (PTR)
> entries for 23.227.197.10
>
> any one here who can help my server sends mail to servers fine gmail etc
> jimmy

Your A record does not match that IPv4 addr:

(mdh at kirin) [~/]# host 23.227.197.10
10.197.227.23.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer horsezipsworld.com.
(mdh at kirin) [~/]# host horsezipsworld.com
horsezipsworld.com has address 23.227.197.11

You may want to set something up like mail.<domain> which points to
23.227.197.10
and then set the PTR for  23.227.197.10 to mail.<domain> so that you have a
matching set.  PTR's that don't match are unreliable - I can set a PTR for
my IP addresses to matt.google.com, but that doesn't mean I have any
authority regarding google.com.

Take care,
Matt