Segment Routing

steve ulrich sulrich at botwerks.org
Tue May 22 14:04:44 UTC 2018

fwiw - there's a potentially significant loss of visibility w/SR from a
traffic management perspective depending on how it's deployed.  though, i
doubt the OP is really driving at this point.

the data plane behavior on LDP is swap oriented, while the data plane on SR
is pop oriented.  depending on the hardware capabilities in use this may
have (subtle) traffic engineering or diagnostic implications at a minimum.
folks will likely have to build tooling to address this.

we're pushing the bubble of complexity around.

--
steve ulrich (sulrich at botwerks.*)