Segment Routing

Matt Geary matt.geary at gmail.com
Tue May 22 15:14:13 UTC 2018

I guess my point is why go through the extra config to program labels for
each box when LDP does it for you? Why loose potential visibility to
network traffic? Cisco sales and marketing is digging huge into the SR game
for enterprise and SDWAN like backbone networking. They are touting about
the whole industry changing, but I'm not seeing it anywhere in the large
network or provider space. Hench my original question why SR over LDP?
Seems SR is a lot of extra config to give you all the program options for
white box like networking, when basic LDP in a Cisco variant works just
fine.