Segment Routing

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue May 22 14:59:34 UTC 2018

On 22 May 2018 at 17:43, steve ulrich <sulrich at botwerks.org> wrote:

Hey,

> sorry, yes. i was referring to SRTE wrt the pop operation.

Yup RSVP=>SR is more ambiguous and debatable than LDP=>SR which is
unambiguous win.

> not labels but they are encoded as labels.  i hope operators have the option
> to configure common/consistent label ranges, but i don't necessarily assume
> it.  tooling to resolve this will be required just as in the LDP world.

I've not had this tooling in LDP world, and not anticipating to need
it in SR world. But maybe I'm missing something, what kind of
information do you need in LDP world which you need to develop tooling
for, and how does the problem+solution translate to SR world?

--
  ++ytti