Segment Routing

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue May 22 14:17:41 UTC 2018

On 22/May/18 16:14, Saku Ytti wrote:

> Yes. In ISIS you'd use Prefix-SID sTLV and attach it to TLV-236 (IPv6)
> or TLV-237 (Multitopo IPv6).
>
> The standard itself has not had any IPv4 bias, IPv6 has had first
> class support since first draft.

Have you seen an actual deployment in the field, forwarding IPv6 traffic
inside MPLS? My use-case would be to remove BGPv6 in the core, the same
way I removed BGPv4 from the core back in 2008.

I know LDPv6 can do this, but support across multiple platforms is not
where it needs to be yet, making network-wide deployment impractical.

Mark.